Looking to create a custom 3D coin?
One of the most frequently asked questions we hear is about the difference between a two-dimensional finish and a three-dimensional finish on a custom metal coin, medal or lapel pin. A 2D, or two-dimensional, coin really has only two layers—a background and a raised surface—which make it perfect for a text-only or silhouette piece. But with a 3D (three-dimensional) surface you can add a full range of textures and details that just aren’t possible on a 2D surface. We recommend using 3D to depict nature scenes, humans and animal figures as it can provide the kind of detail that makes it look almost real.
3D Coin Gallery: Achieve the three dimensional style with 3D coins.
Who Uses 3D Coins?
So many individuals, businesses and groups can use 3D coins for their needs, but here’s a short list of some of the many organizations that order custom metal coins from us frequently:
- The military
- Law enforcement and emergency services
- Businesses and corporations
- Volunteer organizations, non profits & fundraisers
- Coin traders and collectors
- Universities, colleges and schools
- Associations and societies
- Sporting clubs and athletic groups
Don’t see your group in the list? No problem. We will happily make your custom metal coins—just request a quote.
Why Order Custom 3D Coins?
- To memorialize a particular person, place or occasion
- To build brand loyalty for a corporation
- To spread awareness for a particular cause or concept
- To give as a fundraising gift or promotional item
- To award or recognize special achievements or accomplishments by an employee or personnel
- To boost morale through a challenge coin
- To create a piece of collectible commemorative art
- To celebrate graduations, anniversaries and company milestones
- To signify affiliation or membership in a group, unit or club
- To commemorate a particular event or tour
- To build camaraderie in a group
- To celebrate milestones in the military
3D custom metal coins are often used as part of the reenactment as well. This has lead to a whole new variety of custom coins and medals to be made by specialty groups because they add to the realism of reenactments.
How to Order Your Custom 3D Coins
There are several factors to consider when you order a 3D coin, and we are here to help you every step of the way. Here are the answers to some commonly asked questions about ordering custom metal coins:
Can you engrave the 3D coins?
Yes, for an additional charge, we can engrave the custom metal coin with a small logo, message or date.
Which 3D coin type is best for my needs?
Our process is designed to work with your needs. We guide you in creating the initial design, if needed or we can work with you to customize a pre-existing design idea you may have. Our experienced staff can give you suggestions to enhance or modify your design as need in order to ensure that your design is perfectly suited for production. Once you approve a final design, it is die-struck into thick bronze or copper, both sides being struck at the same time, then electroplated, sandblasted and polished. Hard enamel color is added before polishing, and soft enamel added after polishing, but all color is applied by hand.
How long will it take to get my custom 3D coins?
Production time varies depending on the style of coin you choose, but it normally takes between 2 to 3 weeks. Rush jobs can usually be accommodated for an additional charge.
Why should I order my custom 3D coins from Monterey Company?
Because we provide all design and artwork at no charge and have low minimum quantities. We give all of our customers the best quality and the best prices, with fast production times and top-notch customer service.
Step one is to contact us and we will provide you with a quote for your custom 3D coins and we will also create a proof for your approval! Request a Quote now.