Pewter lapel pins are our most decorative, collectible and promotional pin. Pewter offers an unrivaled versatility in metals that allows us to create a custom lapel pin to your exact needs, whether it be a logo or an animal or human figurine. Why? Because pewter is a malleable metal alloy composed of at least 90 percent tin and the remainder in copper. This unique blend produces a lapel pin with a matte finish and high contrast, as well as a handsome bluish silver tint.
Pewter was once the most commonly used material for tableware, it’s now used almost exclusively for decorative, collectible and promotion objects. We use it for lapel pins because its low melting point makes it an ideal material for producing die-cast replicas of your design.
How are Pewter Lapel Pins Made?
The pewter alloy is melted at a low temperature (170–230 °C). Meanwhile a mold is made of your custom design, leaving channels through which the liquid metal will travel in order to enter the mold. The alloy is then injected into the mold, either by a spin-casting process or by high-pressure injection. Finally, the scrap (which includes the channels) is separated from the castings and re-melted for later use. The Pewter lapel pins are then stone polished, poly-bagged and shipped to your doorstep.
Sample Pewter Lapel Pins
Our most decorative, collectible and promotional pin.
- To create an exact replica of your design
- To create a metal lapel pin with a matte finish but high contrast
- For a beautiful recreation of an animal or human figurine
- To recognize work by fundraisers, volunteers and employees
- To show company pride and years of service
- To create a piece of collectible commemorative art
- To celebrate graduations, anniversaries and company milestones
- To provide souvenirs for visitors to parks, zoos and aquariums
- As promotional advertising at exhibitions or conferences
- Businesses, associations and organizations
- Fundraisers, volunteer groups and non profit organizations
- Collectors and traders
- Graduates, universities and schools
- State and national parks
- Zoos, aquariums and museums
- Commercial exhibitions and conferences
- Military departments and emergency services
- Religious, political and membership groups
- Sporting clubs and athletic groups
- Motorcycle, car and RV enthusiasts
Don’t see your group in the list? No problem. We will happily make your custom lapel pin—just request a quote.
How to Order Your Pewter Lapel Pins
There are several factors to consider when you order a pewter lapel pin, and we are here to help you every step of the way. Here are the answers to some commonly asked questions about ordering pewter pins:
Ready to order? Step one is to contact us and we will provide you with a quote for your custom pewter pins and we will also create a proof for your approval!