PVC patches are custom made to order!
Let’s look at the facts. Your group or squadron are looking for something that shows character, but still supports their goals and their fight. You may know from past experience that buying cloth patches won’t go a week with your troop without fading, tearing or fraying. You may have tried a variety of other techniques, but honestly, you are about to tear your hair out and need a solution, fast. Well, prepare to breathe easy. PVC patches are at your service.
Looking for a custom pvc patch maker?
At The Monterey Company, we handcraft our custom PVC patches by pouring Polyvinyl Chloride or PVC into a uniquely or standardly shaped mold. On top of the first base layer of the patch, we add a new layer on top until the design is shaped to your requests. Just as your squadron and you are different from the others, your custom PVC patch will be custom modeled to your specific requirements. Although we are able to make many of the same custom made patches, with the same features, a new mold must be created to adjust for any change in size, shape or design.
Are custom PVC patches weather-resistant? The answer is yes! Because our custom made patches are made out of a bendable, yet durable plastic, they are tough enough to withstand many harsh and wet conditions. Our patches are highly resistant to harsh rain, temperatures, humidity and sunlight and will not crack or fade!
How large can my custom PVC patch be? The maximum length is normally 11 inches.
What does layering mean? With custom made patches, you can add as many layers as you wish. Layering creates a bold 3D effect on the finished PVC patch and let’s not forget, adding extra layers comes at no charge!
How are custom PVC patches built? Just like creating a collage, layering coats of polyvinyl adds texture, shape and new height to the patch. These layers build your PVC patch into the design you want, where every layer of your custom made patch is designed in a way that allows for change in height and color.
What’s the difference between a Patch and a Label? Great question! Custom PVC patches and PVC labels are very similar. The difference is, that while PVC patches are thicker, with many layers and increased durability, PVC labels are thinner, with less layers and slightly decreased durability. Also, while PVC labels are usually permanently attached to a section of fabric, our PVC patches come with optional Velcro, which gives you the choice and the ability to be able to wear, wash or swap it with another custom made patch.
The anatomy of a PVC patch:
- The Base Layer: The foundation for the rest of the pin, the base layer accounts for the main color as well and is optional to be the same color as the border.
- The Border: The border is like the frame of the patch. However, the border offers the option to be raised from the base layer or not.
- The Design: Here is where the layering comes in! Layers of Polyvinyl are placed on top of the base layer to create the image, lettering or design that is specific to your requirements.
- The Sewing Channel: A recessed line of sewing around the pin, created in order to make the detachment of the PVC patch simple and easy.
- The Backing: The backing is to assist in the optional wear of the pin. This means Velcro, sticky adhesive or other backings.
Interested? Check out your options at the top of our Website!