At the Monterey Company, we always follow your design and artwork—even if that’s not a round circle. No matter what shape it is, no matter if you want cut-out areas in the coin, we can make it for you.
As a leader in the custom coin minting industry, the Monterey Company has created literally hundreds of one-of-a-kind custom coins, military challenge coins, geocaching coins, corporate coins, poker coins—just to name a few. Each project is treated with the utmost care and attention in order to ensure that every detail on the coins we produce is exactly what our customers want.
If you have a design idea, or need our expert artists to help design your coin for you, just give us a call. Our design and artwork is provided at absolutely no cost to you, so you can get the perfect coin that is customized for your needs.
Cut Out Coin Gallery:
Who Uses Custom Shaped Coins?
So many people, businesses, groups and associations can use cut out coins to memorialize or commemorate events, individuals and more, but here’s a short list of some of the many organizations that order custom minted coins from us frequently:
- The military
- Law enforcement
- Businesses and corporations
- Volunteer organizations, non profits & fundraisers
- Geocaching enthusiasts
- Coin traders and collectors
- State and national parks and theme parks
- Museums, zoos, aquariums and botanical gardens
- Universities, colleges and schools
- Poker players and enthusiasts
- Associations and societies
- Sporting clubs and athletic groups
Don’t see your group in the list? No problem. We will happily custom mint your cut out coin—just request a quote.
Why Order Custom Shaped Coins?
- To memorialize a particular person, place or occasion
- To build brand loyalty for a corporation
- To spread awareness for a particular cause or concept
- To give as a fundraising gift or promotional item
- To award or recognize special achievements or accomplishments by an employee or personnel
- To boost morale through a challenge coin
- To create a piece of collectible commemorative art
- To show ability as a poker player or loyalty to a casino
- To create a special coin for a geocaching event or competition
- To celebrate graduations, anniversaries and company milestones
- To signify affiliation or membership in a group, unit or club
How to Order Your Cut Out Coins
There are several factors to consider when you order a custom designed coin, and we are here to help you every step of the way. Here are the answers to some commonly asked questions about custom coin minting:
Can you engrave the custom shaped coins?
Yes, for an additional charge, we can engrave the coin with a small logo, message or date.
What other custom options do I have?
We have many custom coin minting options for our clients to choose from, all of which can make your custom coin unique and stunning, including:
- 15 different metal plating options
- 12 different texture options
- Brass base metal or upgrade to bronze
- Splash Minting
What is splash minting? Splash minting is used to make coin designs extraordinary, creating scenes that look almost real, and even seem to show movement. Special dies are used that allow excess metal to splash out in a sideways direction when the coin is struck. This excess metal is shaved off, leaving a relief that is elegant, distinctive and memorable.
What kind of color options do I have?
Custom minted coins can have a selection of color options to accentuate your design, including:
- Hard or soft enamel
- Soft enamel with epoxy
- Color added to engraving
- PMS color matching
Which custom coin type is best for my needs?
Our custom coin minting process is designed to work with your needs. We guide you in creating the initial design, if needed or we can work with you to customize a pre-existing design idea you may have. Our experienced staff can give you suggestions to enhance or modify your design as need in order to ensure that your design is perfectly suited for production. Once you approve a final design, it is die-struck into thick bronze or copper, both sides being struck at the same time, then electroplated, sandblasted and polished. Hard enamel color is added before polishing, and soft enamel added after polishing, but all color is applied by hand.
How long will it take to get my cut out coins?
Production time varies depending on the style of coin you choose, but it normally takes between 2 to 3 weeks. Rush jobs can usually be accommodated for an additional charge.
Why should I order my cut out coins from Monterey Company?
Because we provide all design and artwork at no charge and have low minimum quantities. We give all of our customers the best quality and the best prices, with fast production times and top-notch customer service.