Custom coins are our specialty! Custom coins include collectible coins, commemorative coins, corporate coins and military coins. Individually handcrafted and designed by our expert team of artisans, all of our custom coins leave a lasting impression, regardless of the commemorative occasion. We have over 20 years of minting experience, and understand all of the nuances that make a truly unique custom coin. Our creative team works side by side with each customer from start to finish, turning your vision into reality in an easy and fun process.
All of our custom coins turn out beautifully, but we are especially proud to have provided top-quality custom coins to hundreds of commanders from the U.S. Navy, Air Force, Marines, Army and Coast Guard, ordered for their squadrons, battalions and units.
Our team of expert designers and manufacturers will ensure that the minted coins you receive from us are truly unique and precious items that will be valued and cherished by the recipients.
Just got the coins, and WOW!!! I’m blown away! These look fantastic! Thank you so very much! Everyone has done a great job and I’m very pleased. Thanks a million! You all rock! ~Vick
Who Uses Custom Coins?
So many people, businesses, groups and associations can use custom coins for commemoration, but here’s a short list of some of the many organizations that order from us frequently:
- The military
- Law enforcement
- Businesses and corporations
- Volunteer organizations, non profits & fundraisers
- Geocaching enthusiasts
- Coin traders and collectors
- State and national parks and theme parks
- Museums, zoos, aquariums and botanical gardens
- Universities, colleges and schools
- Poker players and enthusiasts
- Associations and societies
- Sporting clubs and athletic groups
Don’t see your group in the list? No problem. We will happily make your custom coin—just request a quote.
Why Order Custom Coins?
- To memorialize a particular person, place or occasion
- To build brand loyalty for a corporation
- To spread awareness for a particular cause or concept
- To give as a fundraising gift
- To award or recognize special achievements or accomplishments by an employee or personnel
- To boost morale through a challenge coin
- To create a piece of collectible commemorative art
- To celebrate graduations, anniversaries and company milestones
- To signify affiliation or membership in a group, unit or club
How to Order Your Custom Coins
There are several factors to consider when you order a custom designed coin, and we are here to help you every step of the way. Here are the answers to some commonly asked questions about ordering custom coins:
Can you engrave the custom coins? Yes, for an additional charge, we can engrave the coin with a small logo, message or date.
What other custom options do I have? We have many custom options for our clients to choose from, all of which can make your custom coin unique and stunning, including:
- Shiny gold coins made by sandblasting
- 15 different metal plating options including dual plated coins
- 12 different texture options
- Custom shaped coins
- 3D coins
- Brass base metal or upgrade to bronze
- Gemstones or Printed Coins
- Coins with cut outs
- Splash minting
What is splash minting? Splash minting is used to make coin designs extraordinary, creating scenes that look almost real, and even seem to show movement. Special dies are used that allow excess metal to splash out in a sideways direction when the coin is struck. This excess metal is shaved off, leaving a relief that is elegant, distinctive and memorable.
What kind of color options do I have? Custom coins can have a selection of color options to accentuate your design, including:
- Hard or soft enamel
- Soft enamel with epoxy
- Color added to engraving
- PMS color matching
Which custom coin type is best for my needs? Our process is designed to work with your needs. We guide you in creating the initial design, if needed or we can work with you to customize a pre-existing design idea you may have. Our experienced staff can give you suggestions to enhance or modify your design as need in order to ensure that your design is perfectly suited for production. Once you approve a final design, it is die-struck into thick bronze or copper, both sides being struck at the same time, then electroplated, sandblasted and polished. Hard enamel color is added before polishing, and soft enamel added after polishing, but all color is applied by hand.
How long will it take to get my custom coins? Production time varies depending on the style of coin you choose, but it normally takes between 2 to 3 weeks. Rush jobs can usually be accommodated for an additional charge.
Why should I order my custom coins from Monterey Company? Because we provide all design and artwork at no charge and have low minimum quantities. We give all of our customers the best quality and the best prices, with fast production times and top-notch customer service.
Step one is to contact us and we will provide you with a quote for your custom coins and we will also create a proof for your approval! Request a Quote now.