Pewter lapel pins are our most decorative, collectible and promotional pin. Pewter offers an unrivaled versatility in metals that allows us to create a custom lapel pin to your exact needs, whether it be a logo or an animal or human figurine. Why? Because pewter is a malleable metal alloy composed of at least 90 percent tin and the remainder in copper. This unique blend produces a lapel pin with a matte finish and high contrast, as well as a handsome bluish silver tint.
Pewter was once the most commonly used material for tableware, it’s now used almost exclusively for decorative, collectible and promotion objects. We use it for lapel pins because its low melting point makes it an ideal material for producing die-cast replicas of your design.
Pewter Pin Gallery: Our most decorative, collectible and promotional pin.
How are Pewter Lapel Pins Made?
The pewter alloy is melted at a low temperature (170–230 °C). Meanwhile a mold is made of your custom design, leaving channels through which the liquid metal will travel in order to enter the mold. The alloy is then injected into the mold, either by a spin-casting process or by high-pressure injection. Finally, the scrap (which includes the channels) is separated from the castings and re-melted for later use. The Pewter lapel pins are then stone polished, poly-bagged and shipped to your doorstep.
Why Order Pewter Lapel Pins?
- To create an exact replica of your design
- To create a metal lapel pin with a matte finish but high contrast
- For a beautiful recreation of an animal or human figurine
- To recognize work by fundraisers, volunteers and employees
- To show company pride and years of service
- To create a piece of collectible commemorative art
- To celebrate graduations, anniversaries and company milestones
- To provide souvenirs for visitors to parks, zoos and aquariums
- As promotional advertising at exhibitions or conferences
Who Uses Pewter Lapel Pins?
Custom lapel pins are an excellent way to acknowledge people, to thank employees for their service or dedication, or to commemorate a special event. Here’s a short list of some of the many organizations that order from us frequently:
- Businesses, associations and organizations
- Fundraisers, volunteer groups and non profit organizations
- Collectors and traders
- Graduates, universities and schools
- State and national parks
- Zoos, aquariums and museums
- Commercial exhibitions and conferences
- Military departments and emergency services
- Religious, political and membership groups
- Sporting clubs and athletic groups
- Motorcycle, car and RV enthusiasts
Don’t see your group in the list? No problem. We will happily make your custom lapel pin—just request a quote.
How to Order Your Pewter Lapel Pins
There are several factors to consider when you order a pewter lapel pin, and we are here to help you every step of the way. Here are the answers to some commonly asked questions about ordering pewter pins:
How are pewter lapel pins made?
First, a mold is made of your custom design, with channels that allows the liquid metal to travel through in order to enter the mold. The pewter alloy is melted at a low temperature (170 – 230°C), then injected into the mold, either by a spin-casting process or high-pressure injection. Finally the scrap pewter, which includes the metal in the channels, is separated from the castings and re-melted for later use. Then the pewter lapel pins are stone polished, poly bagged and shipped to your address.
How long will it take to get my custom pins?
Production time varies depending on the style of pin you choose, but it normally takes between 2 to 3 weeks. Rush jobs can be usually be accommodated for an additional charge.
Why should I order from Monterey Company?
Because we provide all design and artwork at no charge and have low minimum quantities. We give all of our customers the best quality and the best prices, with fast production times and top-notch customer service.
Ready to order? Step one is to contact us and we will provide you with a quote for your custom pewter pins and we will also create a proof for your approval! Request a Quote now.