With a wide assortment of customizable lapel pin processes, The Monterey Company can produce your custom-designed lapel pins exactly how you want them.
Each custom lapel pin is hand crafted to exacting standards, replicating the finest details of your preferred design, and the lapel pins are then produced from a bronze or iron base and completed in any number of metals, enamels and/or finishes. The result is a lasting, superior quality pin you can be proud to share.
Our recommendation for your perfect custom made lapel pin takes several details into consideration, including your event, occasion and/or group, planned usage and your existing logo design. All you have to do is request a quote, and we will suggest the best style of custom lapel pin for you!
Want to see more custom lapel pin examples? Check out our Custom Lapel Pins Gallery.
Why Order Custom Lapel Pins?
- To show appreciation for people you value like fundraisers, volunteers and employees
- To show pride in your company, organization and / or group
- To recognize outstanding service from employees or volunteers
- To create wearable, collectible, commemorative works of art
- To celebrate special events such as: graduations, reunions, anniversaries and company milestones
- To provide souvenirs, keepsakes and collectors’ items
Who Uses Lapel Pins?
Since the 1800’s custom made lapel pins have been popular for promoting political events and clubs. More recently, lapel pins have become hugely popular for companies and individuals as well as organizations looking to commemorate special occasions and events. Compact, durable and elegant, lapel pins offer a timeless expression for your company logo, candidate, organization message, or team design. Whether you hope to award a new graduate, commemorate an event, or establish team unity, custom pins are a great choice.
Custom lapel pins are an excellent way to acknowledge people, whether it is thanking them for their service or dedication or commemorating a special event. Here’s a short list of some of the many organizations that order from us frequently:
- Volunteer organizations
- Non profit organizations & fundraisers
- State and national parks
- Zoos and aquariums
- Museums, exhibitions and conferences
- Police and fire departments
- The military
- Universities and schools
- Associations and organizations
- Membership groups
- Political groups
- Religious groups
- Sporting clubs
- Motorcycle enthusiasts
Don’t see your group in the list? No problem. We will happily make your custom lapel pin—just request a quote.
How to Order Your Custom Lapel Pins
There are several factors to consider when you order a custom designed lapel pin, and we are here to help you every step of the way. Here are the answers to some commonly asked questions about ordering custom lapel pins:
- What size should my custom lapel pins be? Size is an important consideration, and you should think about what size the wearer is expecting before committing to a design. The size of the finished custom pin will determine the amount of information and artwork that can fit on the pin. Remember, the more text you have, the smaller the text will be on the finished lapel pin, and if you have a large amount of text, we recommend a lapel pin in a round or oval shape.
- Can you engrave the custom made lapel pins? Yes, for an additional charge, we can engrave the back of the pin with a small logo, message or date.
- Can you match my logo colors? Yes, we can match colors exactly on most of our custom-made lapel pins. The exception is our cloisonné pins, as they are limited to a few hundred rich colors.Here, at The Monterey Lapel Pins Company, each custom die is hand crafted to exacting standards, replicating the finest details of your preferred design, and the lapel pins are then produced from a bronze or iron base and completed in any number of metals, enamels and/or finishes. The result is a lasting, superior quality pin you can be proud to share.
- How do the lapel pins attach to lapels? The most common fastener for our lapel pins is the post and clutch fastening, which pushes through clothing. If you prefer a fastener that does not pierce clothing, we can provide a magnet for an additional charge.
- What are the custom lapel pins made out of? You can choose from copper, bronze or iron with many different types of finishes. The magnet fastener requires the lapel pin to be made from iron in order to create a powerful hold.
- Which custom lapel pin type is best for my needs? All of our styles will make beautiful pins, but what’s best for you depends on your project, artwork and budget. We suggest printed pins for an exact reproduction of a logo, which will also lower costs in a custom design. Hard enamel pins cost more, but the result is a heavier, more substantial lapel pin. Choosing an antique or two-tone finish will provide a lapel pin that looks elegant and has a higher perceived value.
- What if I still don’t know which pin is best? We can help! You can call us or email us to discuss your ideas, designs or sketches for your pin. Once we review your artwork, we will happily suggest the styles that would suit your design best.
- How long will it take to get my custom designed lapel pins? Production time varies depending on the style of pin you choose, but it normally takes between 2 to 3 weeks. Rush jobs can usually be accommodated for an additional charge.
- Why should I order from Monterey Company? Because we provide all design and artwork at no charge and have low minimum quantities. We give all of our customers the best quality and the best prices, with fast production times and top-notch customer service. Step one is to contact us and we will provide you with a quote for your custom lapel pins and we will also create a proof for your approval! Request a Quote now.