The Monterey Company has been a coin maker since 1989. Our custom coins are designed in America to exact specifications using bronze as the base metal. We manufacture 2D & 3D logo coins with and without color as well as gold and silver plating.
Die Struck 3D
Custom Made Coins Designed For Your Event
As a personalized coin manufacturer, and designer we can add color fill engraving with consecutive numbers and epoxy can be added for a layer of protection. We have been creating high-quality customized coins for companies, law enforcement, and the armed forces. Send us your sketch and receive a digital proof for your next event.
Custom Coin Manufacturer
As a coin maker, we offer enameling, special shapes, and die-cut edges. We can add textures that can be added to your mold and can be created from your sketch.
Our custom made coins come in more styles, and materials than imaginable, making the designing process a fun, albeit somewhat daunting, task. We have nearly 30 years of experience and understand all of the nuances of manufacturing. Our creative team works side by side with our happy customers.
Freequently Asked Questions
The process of creating custom made coins starts by creating your artwork followed by a selection of the best options. Options include choosing the size, shape, color, the adding of epoxy, diamond-cut edges, engraving and deciding if you would rather have a 2d or 3d image. The next step after you approve your digital proof is to start production.
Prices may vary based on the base metal selected. Adding soft or hard enamel will also influence the price of your project. 100 pieces are our minimum estimated at $3.00 for a 1.5" with no color and a 2D mold. For example, adding a sculpted-look would be on the higher side of pricing. Each design can be created simply or with all the bells and whistles and pricing will really depend on all the options you choose. Mold charges are a one-time cost and are priced by the size and whether or not you have included 3D.
- Bronze and brass are the most common metals requested, as they work well with raised and recessed details. They are easy to mass produce as they are die-struck in production.
- Casting is another great option, created by filling a mold with molten material. Casting shows off unique detailing and textures on a customized coin and pins, making them a good option for detailed images. They also tend to be lighter, and more cost-effective.
We feature state of the art equipment, making both the size and the shape totally custom. The most common sizes are 1.5, 1.75 and 2 inches and are generally fashioned into the round, flat shape.
- Plating: The plating you choose can drastically change the look, feel, and general aesthetic. We offer many stylistic varieties when it comes to finishing your image.
- Antique Plating: Offers a vintage-look. Our antique finishes are available in the most popular plating colors including antique copper, bronze, and silver.
- Shiny Metal: Directly contrasting the antique finishes, a shiny plating features the brilliance and layered atop the base metal. This layered effect is called plating and can be achieved in gold, copper, silver, and true black. For additional dimension, and dual-plating.
- Epoxy Coating: Epoxy can protect and preserve your image. Epoxy can be applied in a variety of thicknesses, from simply a thin protective layer to a thick, smooth, dome layer, it prevents scratching, fading, and getting tarnished.
Your custom coin design can follow the outline of your sketch and there are no limits to producing the shape you’re after. Because of our stamping or casting process, you can create unique cutout areas, can have a varied thickness. You can add function to your image by shaping it into a bottle opener or into a dog tag.
- Minting: The minting process starts by hydraulically pressing your logo as opposed to stamping or die-striking. Hydraulically pressed, of a mirror-like surface without the imperfections creating impressive awards.
- 2D: Two-dimensional images have two layers, a background, and a raised surface, making them an ideal option for a design that features text or silhouettes. They are the thinner and lighter of the two options, and therefore, have the friendlier price point.
- 3D: Three-dimensional images appear sculpted, achieving a level of detail that isn’t possible in the 2D variety. The raised and recessed areas, curves that make them ideal for adding people, animals, and natural landscapes.
- Diamond-Cut Edges: We offer a variety of diamond-cut edges including wave cuts and rope edges.
- Engraving: Engraving can be integrated into your design, adding serial numbers, words, and phrases in a unique and professional way. Engraving is the perfect addition with consecutive or serial numbers and can make your coin trackable by using specific combinations of numbers and letters. Additionally, simply engraving details into your art, instead of featuring one of our many die-options, is an economical way to add flair without some of the fees. We can also engrave the edge and this is called rim marking.
Thinking of adding color? It's a great way to maintain your brand's logo and can be used to enhance your artwork. We offer both soft and hard enamel as well as cloisonne. Each variety lends itself to different types of designs.
- Soft Enamel: The most cost-effective option. By filling into the recessed metal ridges, leaving your logo raised above the smooth pool of your desired shades. Like most options, there are unlimited combinations of colors and textures. From robin egg blue to fire engine red, you really are only limited by your imagination
- Hard Enamel: One of the highest quality options we offer is hard enamel. It is smooth to the touch and has a durable finish.
We have 12 stock textures to choose from. Adding texture to the background is an excellent way create dimension and contrast. When creating your artwork, consider the diameter and consider making a contrast as an integral aspect of bringing the details of your logo or brand to life.
Textures include sandblasting, checkerboard patterns and more. Work with one of our talented staff to discern which type would best to mint your coin.
- Bronze and brass are the most common metals. They are easy to mass produce as they are die-struck in production.
- Casting is another great option, made by filling a mold with molten material. Casting shows off unique detailing and textures, making them a good option for your 3D image. They also tend to be lighter, and consequently more cost-effective.
Creating Personalized Coins in Days
The Fastest Production In Our industry
We manufacture coins for our customers in days! You can include as many colors that will fit in your artwork and include platings like brass, silver, and gold. Ready to order? Start by requesting a quote today and see how our service can't be beaten.
We Are An Experienced 3D Coin Maker
Our sales team will reach out to you on the same day. We’ll start on your art right away and work with you hand in hand to get it just right. When your design is complete, we will send you a digital color proof at no charge.
We can include a three-dimensional surface sculpted look to your design. The ordering process both fun and speedy! Send us your sketch and we will turn it into artwork with your order. Recreating an existing insignia or from a photograph can be done in hours.
Custom Logo Coins With Impressive Detail!
Designing customized coins with your logo is the perfect way to set yourself apart, creating something not only unique to you but unique to today’s market.
Personalized Coins - Made In Days
Personalized coins and medallions have often been used to commemorate a mission, to celebrate a milestone. Government organizations use coins to commemorate holidays and special events such as new memberships and graduations.
This tradition of awarding custom coins has increased in its prevalence in the last few decades, becoming an honored practice for service-based associations around the world. We are so proud to be a leading custom challenge coin maker for every branch of the military, creating proofs for police, firefighters, navy, army, marine corps, air force and more. Contact our customer service and start working with our designers today and we can create anything from dog tags and bottle openers.
Experience and Quality You Can Count On!
Available in both 2D and 3D, your insignia should be determined based on what would best represent your business or organization’s insignia. We specialize in all types of customized coin designs, including Canadian coins and other products from around the world!
Beyond our quality, is the quality of the experience you’ll have when working with us to bring your design to life. We can create a proof in a day, collaborating with you to ensure you are getting exactly the product you’re after in a prompt, efficient, and painless manner.
Police and fire departments order custom coins and medallions for their divisions or branches highlighted in their image. We can create designs for firefighters, police, border patrol, and SWAT. Purchase orders are accepted and actual samples can be created prior to production so you can get final approval of your proof.
Low Minimums – Fast Production Time & Shipping
We offer air shipping, low minimums and free design with every order with unlimited revisions. Our designers will create art that will meet your exact specs. Search no further, request a digital proof and quote today! Let us create a sample for your approval or feel to request samples for your review prior to placing an order. Phone or email us today and see how your satisfaction is our number one priority.