Design Your Own Mug
A Guide To Making Mugs
Wondering how to customize a mug? Using brand name customized products is one of the best things you can do to promote your company! The fact that a mug is an item that almost everyone uses, and on a daily basis, makes customizing your own mugs for promotional reasons an absolutely great idea. Mugs are no longer just for drinking coffee, tea, or beer. People now use mugs to drink a wide variety of delicious drinks, so be sure to keep this in mind when choosing your customized mugs!
Choosing The Best Mug Style
Selecting a mug to represent your brand can be a fun process. Our guide offers a quick view of some of the most popular mug styles that can be printed with your logo.
Choosing a Design
Printing a mug with your logo is easy. Is your design going to be one-sided or two-sided? Will your logo be simplified or printed in full-color?
Manufactured drinkware normally only take ten days or less even in larger quantities to produce. Larger quantity orders sometime take a little longer if you order a sample prior to production.
So what's the first thing you need to do? Our guide will help you choose the right type of drinkware that can properly represent your company’s brand. Next, you'll need to choose the material, choose what you want to have imprinted on your customized mug, and then choose the best imprinting method for your chosen promo mugs.
Designing Your Mugs
You’ve now reached what most business owners consider to be the fun part of the designing a mug for promotional reasons! Now is the time for you to start imagining exactly what you want placed on your custom logo mugs. Know that when you start designing your promo mugs, you want to be sure your company’s information is not only appealing to look at, but also easy to read. Questions to Start the Brainstorming Process:
- Does your brand include colors?
- Do you have a signature color?
- Does your brand support images?
- Is your logo sufficient? Or do you need to create a new logo for your brand?
- Do you prefer solid colors vs. detailed patterns?
- Are there specific fonts you prefer?
Keeping it simple is preferred, as you definitely don't want your brands message to be lost in a design that's too busy. It's also essential that you make sure that your promo design clearly represents who you are, and what your business is all about. Many business owners choose to hire a design company to assist them, so if you feel that you’re in need of help creating your promo design, feel free to reach out for professional help. Know that it tends to take somewhere in between 1 and 3 months for you to receive your finished promotional design when hiring a professional design company.
How to Choose The Right Drinkware
Choosing the right style is the first, and one of the more important decisions you need to make. It's essential for you to make the right customized mug choice, as you'll be ordering hundreds, if not thousands, of these mugs to promote your company! Because mugs come in a variety of shapes and sizes, the list below includes four of the more unique and trendy mugs that are considered to be popular promo mug choices.
Ceramic & Stoneware
Ceramic is a great choice for drinking hot coffee or hot tea in the morning! The handled curve makes them easy to grip, and it comes in dozens of different color combos. You can choose to add your logo to either the frontside, or the backside or wrapped around. They are well-known for keeping hot drinks hot and cold drinks cold for longer periods of time when compared to other types of drinkware. This classic choice is sure to be a hit with anyone who’s lucky enough to receive!
Stoneware mugs tend to not only be distinctive in their overall appearance, this particular material is one that’s very durable, does not stain, and resists thermal shock. When it comes to which imprinting method to add to stoneware mugs, pad imprinting, digital imprinting, and the sublimation imprinting method all work very well.
Full Color Designs
Full color mugs are not your everyday mug, and instead full color makes it that much more fun to drink from, and at any time of the day. Available in five different color combinations, we’ll use the sublimation imprinting method to add your company's information to the frontside of this popular promo product.
Why choose Full Color? This type of drinkware is one that includes lots of colors, making it a fun gift! There are many different styles to choose from, making it so that you have choices if you deem this to be the type of promo product that’s aligned with your company’s brand.
What's a Moscow Mule?
It is definitely a memorable gift! This single-wall Mule Mug is handcrafted, giving it that personal touch that’s important when giving promo gifts. We’ll add your company’s information as a wrap, meaning it can be imprinted on some, most, or all of the surface area.
Why choose a Mule? This particular style is one that’s well-known for using when making cocktails, making this a great choice to give to those who tend to enjoy drinking cocktails every now and again.
Deep Etched Designs
They make for a classic corporate gift! Made in the United States of America, this glass was created in a way that makes it unique from other glass drinkware. We can etch your company's information either on the frontside of this exclusive mug, or the backside, it’s up to you!
Why choose Glass? Even though glass does not retain heat or cold as well as other materials, they’re a popular promo gift because of their overall aesthetics. Glass mugs tend to be a classic promo gift for clients and employees.
Choosing your mug style goes hand in hand with specific types of imprint methods
Ceramic Mugs. Ceramic is a fantastic material choice because this material is resistant to high temperatures, doesn’t retain smells, and is easy to clean. Ceramic is also very durable, making it so mugs made using this material tend to last for many years. Mugs made using ceramic materials also tend to do very well using the pad imprinting method.
Stainless Steel Mugs
These Mugs make for great travel mugs, and because this particular material is one that keeps hot drinks hot and cold drinks cold for hours on end, this material is super popular. If you're considering choosing stainless steel as the preferred material for your promo mugs, laser engraving tends to be a popular imprinting method choice.
Glass come in a variety of thicknesses, making it important for you to know how thick a glass mug is before making a commitment. While it doesn't happen very often, the last thing you want is foryour glass to break. Laser engraving is one of the more popular imprinting methods used to place your business logo on glassware.
Since copper tends to be a great thermal conductor, copper mugs are preferred when drinking icy cold drinks, which includes alcoholic drinks. This material is even known to support one's overall health, making this what some can call a healthy material. Due to copper's versatility, we can use the screen print, pad print, or digital print method on this style.
Your Guide To Adding Your Logo To Drinkware
Understand that some imprinting methods work better when used for imprinting certain types of promotional products.
- Sublimation. The sublimation imprinting method is one that prints a special ink onto transfer paper, applies that paper to a transfer medium, and then applies both pressure and heat so that the ink is directly transferred to the promo item. This imprinting technique is one that tends to work very well on light-colored fabrics, and is also a great choice for business owners who want to add a lot of design to their promotional mug products.
- Screen Print. Screen printing is an imprint method that’s commonly used for clothing, like t-shirts. This particular imprinting method works by taking your design, and then burning it into fine mesh screens that represent each color in the design. Every ink color will be added to its matching screen, and once this process is completed, all of the screens will be layered together in order to reproduce the initial design.
- Laser Engraving. The laser engraving imprinting method is one that uses a laser printer in order to melt the material surface of the promo product minimally and accurately. The end result is a permanent design in the promo mug that’s very appealing. Even though color is not normally used for this imprinting method, it is possible to use a special chemical process to create black promo designs, messages, logos, etc. using laser engraving.
- Etching. Etching is an imprinting method that’s used on the surfaces of a variety of glass promotional mugs. This particular imprinting method works when an acidic or abrasive substance is placed on the glass, which in turn causes the surface of the glass to become rough due to these substances ability to remove extremely small areas of the glass. The etching imprinting method is one that tends to add lots of class and style to any glass promo mug.
- Debossing. The deboss Imprinting method requires us to make a metal die of your design so we can then press it into your chosen promo mugs. The end result can be compared with a slight 3D appearance, making it both distinctive and attractive. While the deboss imprinting method does not allow for imprinting color onto promo products, this imprinting method is one that is permanently pressed into the mug material, which means it can never be removed.