Custom Military Dog Tags
Our custom dog tag coins can be made with your logo on two sides!
The Dog Tag Coin
Dog tag coins have an appeal when compared to round coins. Their elongated shape allows for insignias and longer text which makes them quite popular. These coin designs resemble the dog tags worn by soldiers for identification during missions. Those who receive these challenge coins can wear them on a ball chain and carry them as keepsakes. Since they have two sides there is plenty of space to include information about your unit and logo. If you want to make an impression you might consider turning your logo into a three dimensional design. Choose your metal finish colors like copper or bronze for a timeless appearance.
Dog Tag Design
The Monterey Company makes coins in a variety of shapes sizes. Your custom dog tag can be made one or two-sided and can be made with 2D look or 3D.
Traditional dog tags or ID tags were made using lightweight metal with the wearer's name, rank and serial number and given to military personnel. They help identify individual military personnel at home and abroad. Dog-tagged shapes stand apart mainly because of their rectangular shape. They're larger than the popular 1.75-inch or 2-inch coins. They're usually 2.25 or 2.5 inches with 3 mm thickness. Military units like the dog-shaped designs because they're different than the standard round shapes and they allow more room for larger insignias and greater amounts of text on them. "Their long shapes allow them to include long quotes of or valuable amount of text. You cannot do that on a round shape. Our coin design options include soft or hard enamel and epoxy coating can be added for a layer of protection.
What information can you add to a dog tag?
Vital identification information includes:
- Service member's name
- Branch of Service
- Serial Number or Social Security Number
- Blood Type
- Religious Preference (or significant cultural affiliation, like "Jedi")
When customizing your design with the Monterey Company, you can work with a designer to create an excellent piece that will last a lifetime. By adding custom touches, you showcase the great significance of commemorating service personnel through thoughtful touches unique to a person's history or experience.
How to customize a military dog tag
In addition to personal identifying information, customizing a dog tag to commemorate service or to show support can be achieved in many ways. Consider including these personalized touches:
- The years of service dates for the service member
- The location of service by the service member
- Any honors, awards, or recognition received by the service member
- The member's platoon or squadron name, number, or affiliating information
- Personal or thoughtful insignia is specific to the member or family of the member
What Are Some Of The Best Design Options?
- Designing the artwork is the first step in creating a new design. Military insignia can easily be reproduced in enamels or in raised metal. There are a few things to consider when you order a custom military dog tag.
- Our process is built to work with the needs of your business. We guide you in creating the initial design if needed or we can work with you to customize a pre-existing logo or design idea that you already have. Our experienced staff can offer suggestions to enhance or modify your design as needed in order to ensure that your order is ready for production.
- Once approved the final proof, is die-struck into thick bronze or copper, both sides being struck at the same time, then electroplated, sandblasted, and polished. Hard enamel color is added before polishing, and soft enamel added after polishing, but all color is applied by hand.
- Our normal production time usually takes 2 to 3 weeks, depending on the request. We also offer rush orders for an additional cost.
Custom Made Military Dog Tags With Your Insignia
Customized military dog tags add an personal touch to this symbol. In addition, to the stamped details these tags now offer the option of including logos giving them an stylish appeal that resonates with various purposes. They are not only great for honoring service but for branding and promotional activities. The vibrant enamel coloring enhances their attractiveness allowing for eye catching designs that can represent organizations, events or personal preferences. Moreover the incorporation of logos takes these tags to a new level of sophistication creating an impressive tactile and visual effect. Whether they are used for recognition or as a marketing tool customized military dog tags with enamel color and 3D logos combine style and symbolism flawlessly making them versatile accessories, with deep meaning.
During World War II, military dog tags began as small round metal tags rather than the shape and size we are familiar with today. Tags included such information as a branch of the military, first initial, surname, birth date, and religion. They could also include rank or service number, blood type, service branch, and an indication of tetanus vaccination. A right index fingerprint was etched on the reverse.
We have a full line of military challenge coins that can be made with soft and hard enamel as well as epoxy coating.
Today, dog tags are made for many other uses besides soldiers in battle or service. We make customized designs for school kids, law enforcement personnel, and dogs, and many are ordered as a way of commemorating participation in groups, activities, and even heroic acts.
The medals we provide are more substantial than the regular aluminum used by the military, we use metals that make these special items that signify affiliation, achievement, and belonging. A variety of finishes, plating, and colors are available for the custom military dog tags, and they can even be turned into bottle openers to make them a usable coin.