Custom Embroidered Patches
Are You Looking For The Best Patch Company?
The Monterey Company takes your design and turns it into striking custom embroidered patches. We use a multitude of colored twills with an even larger selection of strong, vibrant, high-quality threads in our computer-controlled embroidery machines to replicate the smallest details. As an experienced patch company, we can create your design to your exact specifications, in any shape, using an extremely tight thread count.
Custom Logo Patches Created In Days!
Embroidered Logo Patches
Making embroidered patches and badges start with digitizing your art and embroidering it directly on to a custom backing. Backgrounds can be designed in a variety of colors are embroidered up to full coverage. The key to making a patch with embroidery is in the digitizing. Knowing which direction threads are going to lay can make a notable difference in the final look.
Company Patch Manufacturer
As a patch manufacturer, each embroidered company patch is stitched and is precision cut and edged to further enhance the appearance of the final product. A backing of your choice is applied to the underside. Iron-on, adhesive or velcro can be also be added. Pre-production samples can ensure that your logo is exactly the way you want it. The entire process is simple, deciding on a sew on or velcro patch is usually the biggest decision to make.
Our artists produce computer-aided designs and the latest technology. Your logo can be embroidered and be made with an iron-on or sew-on back or as a velcro patch with embroidery.
Here are a few steps to consider before ordering:
- First, select the size.
- Decide what percentage of embroidery you would like.
- Choose your custom shape.
- Embroidery threads come in a variety of colors.
- Pricing will depend on the overall size
- Finally, a proof can be created and samples can also be created for final approval.
What Kind of Custom Patches with Embroidery Do We Make?
Here are a few steps to consider when ordering:
- Sew-on Patches
- Woven Labels
- Velcro Patches
- Embroidered Iron-On Patches
- Merrow borders & Hot Cut Borders
Custom Embroidered Patch Designs
How To Make Custom Embroidered Patches
How are custom embroidery patches made? They are made by taking your artwork and digitizing your design into a format used in a computer-controlled digitizer. Once digitized, thread colors are loaded into the machine and thousands of stitches later, your logo is transformed into a company patch. Here are a few things to consider when you create a custom patch or embroidery badge and we are here to help you every step of the way.
What does 75% or 100% coverage mean?
Think about the fabric that will be embroidered, the fabric can be used to enhance your image as a background color. Do background fabrics make for a better design? If you intend to see the fabric or the “background”, then your art would have 75% coverage. If you cannot see any of the backgrounds, it classifies as 100% coverage.
Sizing is easily figured out by using two measurements.
The size can be determined by adding the measurement of the length plus the width and dividing by two: i.e. (length + width) ÷ 2 = size. For example, a 3" by 3" is considered a 3"
Custom Embroidered Badges & Rush Orders
Production time varies depending on the style of product you choose, but it normally takes between 2 to 3 weeks to create a custom embroidered patch. Rush orders can usually be accommodated for an additional charge. Making samples prior to full production is always a good idea especially when ordering patches in bulk that include embroidery.
- Iron-on: Our most popular option! The application for iron-on designs starts by placing them directly onto your garment and using a damp towel between your iron and patch, applying steady pressure for approximately 15 to 30 seconds depending on the heat used. It is easy to see if your ironing worked as they should feel secure when you are done and cooled.
- Adhesive Backing: This option is not to be confused with an iron-on backing. Adhesive only works with smooth non-fabric surfaces.
- Plastic backing: Often used with iron backing, plastic backing gives them a more rigid feel. This allows for a longer life cycle because of the sturdiness of the background.
- Velcro Backed: Velcro also known as hook and loop is the most versatile backing option as they are easily removed from your garment. An excellent advantage to keeping them looking new while washing your uniform, jacket, or hat.
- Button loops: They are a loop that is attached to the edge of your patch that can be used to hang from almost anything, including buttons or a button.
- Metallic Threads are a great option if you need part of your logo to stand out. Metallic thread colors are limited however we do offer all the standard metallic thread colors.
- Glow in the dark is a fun option when you want your patch to stand out at night.
- 3D Embroidery has a sculpted look and even a puffy look. We recommend asking pre-production samples when adding 3D.
- Printed patches and woven patches offer a substantial amount of detail. Woven patches use a much thinner thread and are woven into the background. Printed patches have a more photo-realistic-look to them, where your demising printed directly on to the background.
Company Logo Patches
Our Most Popular Custom Designs with Embroidery
- Biker & Motorcycle
- Jacket with sew-on embroidery patch designs
- Military & Security
- Police, Fire & EMT
Are you looking for an alternative?
Have you considered soft rubber patches? Made with vibrant full color and is 100% waterproof and you can also add velcro.
We have been specializing in making designs for fire departments, police and military units since 1989. As a patch manufacturer. We can add velcro backing to any size order.