Custom Embroidered Patches
At the Monterey Company, we take your logo and turn it into an elegant custom embroidered patch. We have many colored twills and an even larger selection of vibrant, high-quality threads to create your design. Our computer-controlled embroidery machines can recreate even the smallest details so that we can replicate any design to your exact specifications—in any shape and any thread count.
Company Patch Manufacturer
As a manufacturer of custom embroidered patches and badges, at the Monterey Company, we start by digitizing your artwork. The key to making a patch is in the digitizing—knowing which direction the threads will lay can make a notable difference in the final look. From there, we embroider your design directly onto custom backing in a variety of vibrant colors.
Our artists produce computer-aided designs using the latest technology. Once your design has been digitized, it can be embroidered onto a patch with sew-on or velcro backing. Production time varies depending on the style you choose, but it usually takes between two and three weeks to create your quality patch. Rush orders can often be accommodated for an additional charge.
We Are Patch Makers
As an embroidery patch maker and supplier, our patches are stitched and precisely cut for a high-quality final product. From there, the backing of your choice is applied to your design. Iron-on, adhesive, or velcro can be also be added so your patch can easily be added to any surface. We also offer pre-production samples to ensure your logo is exactly the way you want it. We’ve made the entire design and production process so simple that deciding if you want a sew on or velcro backing is the biggest decision you’ll need to make. We also have perfected making PVC patches that have a rubber-like feel.
Custom Logo Patch Designs
Custom Patches With Embroidery
We make custom embroidered patches by taking your artwork and digitizing it using a computer-controlled digitizer. From there, thread colors are loaded into the machine and, thousands of stitches later, your logo is transformed into a company patch. These are the biggest steps to consider when creating a custom patch or badge.
Need More Information? Request a quote or speak to your dedicated Account Manager.
Explore all of the different options available, and choose which type of patch works the best for you. We offer:
- Sew-on patches
- Woven patches & labels
- Velcro patches
- Custom-embroidered iron-on patches
- Merrow borders and hot-cut borders
There is no right or wrong size and shape for a personalized patch—it’s unique for every customer and varies depending on needs and preferences. With nearly 30 years of experience, we can help you calculate the dimensions for your customized path. The length and width of the patch will impact your pricing—the bigger the patch, oftentimes, the higher the price.
The Last Step: Know All The Attachment Options
Depending on how you expect to attach your patch, we offer several different attachment options to suit your needs.
- Sew-on Patches: Sew-on patches are the most basic option. They can be sewn directly onto clothes, making it a permanent and secure way to attach your custom designs.
- Iron-on Patches: Iron-on patches have a heat adhesive on their backing to attach it to clothes or accessories. Once the patch is positioned, place a cloth over the image to protect it. Then, place a hot iron briefly (for 20 to 30 seconds) on the cloth to melt the adhesive onto the garment and fix the patch into place. This is one of the easiest methods for permanently attaching your custom embroidered patches.
- Adhesive Backing: Similar to the iron-on backing, adhesive backing helps you attach your patch easily. However, it only works with smooth, non-fabric surfaces.
- Velcro Backing: Our velcro backing is made up of hook-and-loop fasteners. One part of the backing is on the back of the patch, and the other is sewn onto the garment. This lets you quickly and easily remove your patch. This style is ideal for uniforms and other instances where the patch needs to be removed regularly.
- Plastic Backing: This is used to iron on the patches. It gives them added support so that they will maintain their shape through wear and tear.
Button Loops: This style is a simple loop at the top of the patch that allows it to hang from a button or lapel pin. That way, patches can be easily removed or moved to another garment quickly.
After you’ve decided on the size, you need to pick the right percentage of thread. Every logo patch we create is stitched directly on twill fabric, and our twill fabrics come in several styles. Different twill backgrounds are a great way to display all of the elements of your design and create amazing contrast. You also need to determine the percentage of coverage for your patch. Most images fall between 75 and 100 percent coverage. The amount of coverage you choose will also have an impact on your final price. The price is also determined by how many stitches are included in your finished patch design.
Choose the right enhancements or embellishments for your patch. Here are some enhancements we offer that make a big impact:
- Metallic Threads: This is a great way to make your custom details stand out.
- Glow-in-the-Dark: See the detailing of your design, even at night.
- Three-Dimensional: Add a sculpted and puffy look to your patch.
- Printed and Woven: A great option for those who want a lot of textural elements.
Best Customizing Options
At Monterey Company, we are proud to offer endless options for you to customize your embroidered patches. We have metallic threads, glow-in-the-dark finishes, three-dimensional embroidery, and printed or woven patches—all to ensure that you have every option available when working on your design. When it comes to bringing your creation to life, only the sky's the limit for your imagination.
Wholesale Embroidered Patches
As a wholesale patch company, we manufacture many different patches for businesses and organizations like:
- Biker and motorcycle patches
- Jackets with sew-on patches
- Military and security patches
- Police Patches
- Fire, and EMT patches
- Club patches
- Scout patches