Pewter pins can be made in any shape or size. Add enamel colors or no color at all. This style lapel pin looks great in 3D and is cast using real pewter. We offer antique silver plating as well if you would like your pewter pin to have a finer finish.
Custom Cast Pewter Pins
Pewter lapel pins are our most decorative, collectible and promotional pin. Pewter offers an unrivaled versatility in metals that allows us to create a custom pin to your exact needs, whether it be a logo or an animal or human figurine. Why? Because pewter is a malleable metal alloy composed of at least 90 percent tin and the remainder in copper. This unique blend produces a lapel pin with a matte finish and high contrast, as well as a handsome bluish silver tint.
Pewter was once the most commonly used material for tableware, it’s now used almost exclusively for decorative, collectible and promotion objects. We use it for lapel pins because its low melting point makes it an ideal material for producing die-cast replicas of your design.
How are Pewter Pins Made?
The pewter alloy is melted at a low temperature (170–230 °C). Meanwhile, a mold is made of your custom design, leaving channels through which the liquid metal will travel in order to enter the mold. The alloy is then injected into the mold, either by a spin-casting process or by high-pressure injection. Finally, the scrap (which includes the channels) is separated from the castings and re-melted for later use. The Pewter lapel pins are then stone polished, poly-bagged and shipped to your doorstep.
Why Order Pewter Pins?
- To create an exact replica of your design
- To create a metal lapel pin with a matte finish but high contrast
- For a beautiful recreation of an animal or human figurine
- To recognize work by fundraisers, volunteers and employees
- To show company pride and years of service
- To create a piece of collectible commemorative art
- To celebrate graduations, anniversaries and company milestones
- To provide souvenirs for visitors to parks, zoos, and aquariums
- As promotional advertising at exhibitions or conferences
How to Order Your Custom Pewter Pins
Ready to order? The first step is to either give us a call or request a quote. We will create a free mockup of what your pewter pin will look like. After approval, we can start production and your order should be ready to ship in 15 days. Pewter pins are cast and take an extra week in production compared to our die struck style.