Custom Die Struck Lapel Pins
Custom die struck lapel pins have a jewelry-like look. Plated in gold, silver or copper and polished by hand. Made in as few as ten days and this style of pin can be made in any shape or size.
What are die struck pins and how are they made?
Unlike cast pins where a design is made from zinc or pewter. Die struck pins are made with a custom die made from your design. We stamp our pins into bronze, brass, copper or iron metal. Striking a logo into metal creates a recessed area where the enamel is added. In some cases, recessed areas are sandblasted to create a two-tone metal finish.
We offer three types of enamel color fill.
The first type of enamel we offer is soft enamel followed by hard enamel. The third type of enamel is cloisonne which is glass based enamel. All die struck pins can be plated in a variety of finishes in gold, silver, copper or in precious metals.
Shiny metal vs antique finish
We double strike each design into a solid piece of metal. High-levels of relief can be added to your design. Each design is plated and color filled or recessed areas can be sandblasted. We hand polish our lapel pins leaving raised area shiny. Recessed areas can either be antiqued or can be shiny. The difference between shiny finishes and antique finishes in the plating that is used. Antique plating can be made with lighter or darker finish.
Ordering Is Easy
how to make die struck pins
- The first step is to select the size pin you would like to create.
- Next, select the enamel style you would like. Choose between soft and hard enamel.
- After you choose the size and color, choosing the shape and finish is the next step. Plating finish options include shiny gold, silver, copper, bronze, pewter, or antique finish and satan for a jewelry finish. Pins can be made from a bronze, iron and copper base metals.
Die struck soft enamel lapel pins
What are some of the best design features ?
The best features of this pin style is it can be made with a 3D die. Three-dimensional dies can enhance a design by creating a sculpted look. If you need a die struck pin in a rush, we can create USA-made pin in just a few days. Options include engraving, gemstones, and upgraded attachment like deluxe clutches. We also offer real gold plating for anyone looking to have a jewelry-like finish. Die struck lapel pins are elegant and can be made in any size or shape. Our 2D designs can include varied levels of metal and textures.
Hard Enamel Pins
Here are a few style options to choose from:
- No Enamel: Usually made in an antique finish or with a shiny metal and recessed sandblast-look.
- Soft Enamel: Color is recessed and epoxy can be added for a smooth finish. We use the Pantone color chart for selecting soft enamel colors.
- Hard Enamel: Smooth to the touch and resembles cloisonné.
Plating Options Include:
- Shiny Plating: Usually made with gold, silver or copper plating.
- Antique Plating: A great option if you would like to add 3D to your custom pins.
Antique & Shiny FInishes
Die Struck Antique Pins Are Finished By Hand
Antiqued by hand, our die-struck pins can also have color added into the recessed areas, making them a great choice for highly detailed designs. Die-struck antique lapel pins are the right choice for showing the details not normally revealed by other custom-made lapel pin styles, especially when your design includes an animal, face or a vehicle. Our artists can add a light, medium or dark finish to your customized die-cast antique lapel pins, as well as add texture to the recessed areas to create a more three-dimensional appearance ( 3D ).
3D Designs Created In Days!
Die Struck Pricing