Custom printed lapel pins come in three styles. Screen printed, CMYK and photo dome pins. We can print your design all the way to the edge of a pin, or a metal edge can be added that borders your design. We coat each pin with a thin epoxy coating to ensure its durability and provide a beautiful finish. This style can be made in any shape or size and can also match any Pantone color.
We Manufacture Offset & Screen Printed Pins
We have three different printing styles
- CMYK: Also called four-color process or offset printed pins, and are produced by printing your custom design digitally onto an adhesive label. Then each label is individually placed on the metal backing, leaving a border when required, then a clear epoxy dome is added to protect the label from scratching and fading. A CMYK printed image can be added on top of any of our enameled styles as a photo insert, at extra cost. An epoxy coating is added to protect it.
- Screen printed: Solid areas of PMS colors are laid down over a metal surface where needed. Sometimes metal areas are left exposed as part of the design. Epoxy coating is added for protection.
- Photo dome: Photo dome pins are created by taking an actual photo and printing it onto a label via our CMYK process. They are finished by adding a clear, flexible label, making them a bit thicker than our standard styles.
Have a photo to reproduce? This is the perfect style to use!
Can a photograph be added to a pin?
Absolutely. Our printed pins are perfect for this, making them especially popular with children’s sports leagues, as personalized images can be used to make commemorative pins for specific teams. Photographs of children’s artwork can be made into a custom pin to share with family and friends as treasured memories.
Why should I choose this style?
It depends on your project, but printed pins are great for several reasons. They are popular with people who trade pins. They are also a good choice if you don’t have time to design an elaborate 3D pin.
Looking for full-color pins?
The Monterey Company offers full-color custom printed pins, also known as offset printed pins. These pins are made the same way you would print a magazine in full color but on a much smaller scale. With this style of making lapel pins, no metal lines are needed to separate colors. If you have a design or logo needing to be reproduced exactly, then these pins are the answer.
Offset Printed Pins
Photographic pins are made by printing or applying a photograph directly to the die stamped pin shape. One method to offset print a pin is by attaching the design by adhesive, then adding a layer of epoxy. Another way is to direct print or screen print a design onto the pin blank and then adding a layer of epoxy for protection.
Photo Reproduction and Lightweight!
Four Color printed pins are made in the same a magazine might be made. This method allows colors to have a graduated color bleed together in order to create a full-color design. Available colors for the offset printing are limitless. Full Color can easily be rushed and they are lightweight. This a perfect style for trading pins as they come in custom shapes
Printed Pins vs Offset Printed Pins
The difference between a standard printed pin and an offset printed pin is color. Logo colors are added one at a time on a printed pin style. Offset printed pins have no limits, logos can have an unlimited amount of colors. Both styles can be made in days and they are the fastest pin style made.
This is the Best Style if You Have a Photo Design
- To create a logo or design without metal lines around the colors
- To create a lapel pin with a photo
- To create a lapel pin that features a logo’s exact PMS colors
- To design a lapel pin with versatility
- To recognize fundraisers, volunteers and employees
- To show company pride and years of service
- To create a piece of collectible commemorative art
- To celebrate graduations, anniversaries and company milestones
- To provide mementos for visitors to theme parks, zoos, and aquariums
- As promotional advertising at exhibitions or conferences