Request A Quote and We Speak To Your Dedicated Account Manager
Custom PVC Patches
PVC patches are made to order and are flexible and lightweight. We make soft rubber patches, silicone labels, and soft rubber emblems, and are strong and full of color. Logos can also be made in any shape as well. Used outdoors and last for years. Custom PVC patches are waterproof and can withstand the cold.
How Are PVC Patches Made?
Custom PVC patches are made using a soft rubber that allows you to create any shape or size from a logo. Designs can be made as small as 5/8” or up to 16” in length. The thickens can also be made in varied sizes from 1 mm to 4 mm thick depending on your logo. Standard thickness is 2.5 mm for a standard 2.75” patch. The surface of any image can be made with a 3D sculpted look. A Velcro© backing can be added as well as 3m© adhesive backings can be added for a more permanent attachment.
Wholesale Patch Pricing
We are dedicated to providing you with the highest quality products at a price point you deserve. And because we want our products to be functional and accessible, we price your creations at the wholesale level. The cost of your PVC patch order will vary depending on the complexity of your design and the sizes you choose to bring your creation to life, but you can be confident you are only paying for the materials necessary for your specific creation.
Custom Logo Patches with Low Minimums
We achieve this low price point by including a one-time charge at the beginning of the creation process, with which we create a mold that can be used again and again. From this mold, we produce your custom logo patches at our low, wholesale prices, establishing a partnership with you we hope to maintain into the future. Bulk quantities begin at 100 pieces, and the cost of your overall product will depend on the nuances of your logo. We are happy to work with you in whatever quantities you feel are best for your business or organizations’’ goals. So if you are unsure of how much your custom PVC patch design will cost, or if the minimum quantity will fit into your budget, contact a member of our staff and request a quote. We are happy to work with you and to create the patches you deserve.
High Quality Patches At Patch Factory Prices
We have streamlined our process over the past thirty years, working with customers from all walks of life. When you choose to use our company to promote yours, you will be included in every step of the process, ensuring you are getting exactly the product you’re after. In short, we are so much more than a production company, and the quality of your experience is just as valuable to us as your business. The difference of high-quality materials, top of the line equipment and technology, and talented and professional staff will show a great experience. We can’t wait to work with you to bring your design to life!
Custom Patch Maker and Manufacturer
Weather-Resistant & Cost Effective
The discovery of PVC is accredited to two 19 Century researchers, French chemist Henri Victor Renault and German chemist, Eugene Bauman. Upon its discovery, neither Renault or Bauman could have anticipated it would become the second most prevalent plastic, integral in all facets of modern industry today. This prevalence of PVC began when its usefulness was understood, showing up in everything from golf balls to shoe heels, and floor surfaces and shower curtains. And as it continued to be developed, its resistance to extreme temperatures and natural corrosion, as well as the cost-effectiveness of producing it, the possibilities of PVC became endless. It’s for these same reasons; the durability, the flexibility, the weather-resistance, and the cost-effectiveness, that using vinyl for patches to promote your business, your organization, or your brand, just makes sense.
PVC is made to last and is the best choice for displaying your logo.
When you think of a custom patch, you probably think of an old Girl or Boy Scout embroidered emblem, with frayed edges, a cracked face, and weather-faded colors peeling off a well-worn jacket. But here at The Monterey Company, we want you to think of something else altogether; something that has proven to stand the test of time, to fare whatever elements you and your outerwear are bound to encounter when participating in everyday life. When you think of patches, we want you to imagine flexible, durable, vibrant, and long-lasting PVC.
They feel like soft rubber and can be molded into any shape or size.
PVC, or Polyvinyl chloride, is a type of plastic that resembles soft rubber, that is known for its strength and weightlessness, making it the perfect material to capture your design, guaranteed to hold its integrity for years to come. Additionally, PVC, unlike it’s cloth counterpart, is highly waterproof, making it the ideal material for use in the outdoors, in athletics, in the military, and any club or organization that routinely is exposed to weather, sweat, water, and more.
What are they made of?
What PVC patches are made of? Take a look at Wikipedia for a definition of Polyvinyl_chloride and why PVC feels like soft rubber and how it can be molded into any shape or size. When you choose us as your PVC patch maker, we will create a patch that tuff and durable.
Made Using Durable Soft Rubber
PVC labels for outdoor products and sporting goods manufacturers.
So you have an idea for a PVC patch, now what?
Some of the Choices
Taking your business or organization’s brand or logo from simply an idea to the finished product is as easy as coming up with your concept. Send us a sketch of what you would like to create, and our designers will collaborate with you in choosing the best shape, styles, and colors to bring your idea to life. And, because your ideas are as unique as you, the ways in which you can customize the aesthetic and use of your design are nearly endless. Working with a member of our team to navigate all of your choices is fun, and with each step, brings you closer to your perfect finished product.
Size & Shape
Because our patches are made by using a soft, malleable rubber, creating your pieces in any shape, and in a multitude of sizes and thicknesses is available. The size and thickness of your design should depend on the intended use, who will be receiving the finished product, and your overall budget. We are capable of creating designs as small as ⅝”, as large as 16 inches, and every size in between. The thickness is also customizable, offered in varied sizes between 1 and 4 mm, depending on what would best suit your logo or brand. Typically, our standard thickness is 2.5 mm for a standard 2.75” patch, but we will work with you in determining what is best for your overall concept and design.
We have more colors for you to work with than you can imagine, making achieving the exact look you are after easy. We value the time and effort you put into your branding and want the integrity of the colors we use to exemplify that effort. Additionally, we are well versed and capable of accommodating most colors within the Pantone Matching System (PMS), translating the colors from printing and processing world simply and effectively.
Not only do we have an endless color palette for you to customize your design, but we can also alter the look and feel of how those colors interact with one another by incorporating different dimensions into your product. Varying designs better lend themselves to certain dimensions, so working with one of our talented artists to decide between two and three dimensions is key!
Patch Design Options & Enhancements
Making strong pvc patches that are made to last. We have great service and fast delivery. With over 25 years of service, we bring you custom made patches that are tuff will last for years. Feel free to request a free design proof.
We make custom PVC patches for tactical units, airsoft teams, and law enforcement.
Free Design Proof
We’ve been making custom PVC patches for uniforms for over 25 years. Send us your logo for a free proof. We will help you create the awesome 2D or 3D logo.
2D patch designs
- Two-Dimensional - Two-dimensional logos have multiple level surfaces, separating the different colors in your logo through a layering technique that results in raised and recessed areas throughout your product. To achieve the look and feel of a two-dimensional logos, a background color is chosen, and the different elements and are added on top, lifting the varied colors, shapes, and words above the solid backing. This two-dimensional effect is great for clean, simple logos, for artwork with multiple shades of vibrant color and where the raised and recessed ridges work positively with the overall aesthetic of your creation.
3D patch designs
- 3 Dimensional - Like the two-dimensional creations, three-dimensional art have multiple leveled surfaces and accommodate a wide variety of shapes, styles, and colors. But unlike 2D, our 3D images are rounded, with the varying colors of your design capable of being on the same plane. The raises and recessions are not rigid, and the elements within your patch can take on more life-like characteristics. The 3D technique is perfect for adding greater detail that a rounded or sculpted effect helps to achieve. Examples include facial details and landscapes, but working with one of our designers to decide the optimal effect will make this choice easy.
Custom PVC Velcro Patches Designed With Hook & Loop
- Velcro Backed Patches: Our patches can be made with velcro backing so you can easily remove them from any uniform, hat or jacket. Made with a hook and loop backing and super strong!
- Sew On: We can add a sewing channel to your order. Sew your patch directly to your garment or uniform with a few simple stitches.
- Permanent Attachment: We offer 3m adhesive if you would like to stick your patch directly to a product. The adhesive backing is not recommended for clothing for obvious reasons.
- Custom Iron On Patches: We also offer the option to create custom iron on patches that make it easy to apply to any surface.
More Custom Patch Options
Custom Vinyl Patches & Design Making Options
Creating the perfect design to exemplify your club, business, or organization in a tangible way is just a part of our product creation. Because of the versatility of PVC, the ways in which you can use your vinyl patch are numerous. And deciding how you want your creation to be used in essential for discerning the type of backing that is most appropriate for your design. Will you be using your patch on an article of clothing? Will it be facing the wind, rain, and general wear and tear? Or maybe, you are using your creation as a magnet, a keychain, or free-standing mat? Considering the potential uses for your product, as well as consulting with members of our staff, makes deciding the backing for your product easy.
Here are some of the options for you patch design.
We make custom designs for police & fire, EMS workers, military units, and airsoft teams. We also work with you to make designs for that are used on backpacks, clothing, sails, uniforms and so much more! Feel free to request samples of our tactical gear patches.
Here are some of the options for your PVC patch design.
- Velcro - The most popular of our backing options, using velcro as a backing attachment is a fun, versatile way to give function to your product. Attached with standard Velcro technology, this method allows for strong adhesion while still being an interchangeable option.
- Sewing Channel - Sewing Channels are available for all of your patch designs, with tracks around the edge of your creation designed to facilitate stitching. This works best for articles of clothing or uniforms on which you want your product to achieve semi-permanence. This sewing channel technique is reminiscent of cloth patches, but because your creation is made out of PVC, it will stand the test of time in a way the cloth counterpart can’t achieve.
- Magnetic - Adding a magnetic backing to your design is a fun way to transform your creation into a fridge or metal magnet. This backing option adds a level of versatility to your product, helping you reach broader audiences with your brand or logo. Magnets are fun, and creative fundraiser gifts, thank you’s, and general awareness campaign pieces, and are both functional and effective tools for you and your business.
- Adhesive - For attaching your pieces on non-clothing articles, using an adhesive backing is a great option. Attach to office doors, walls, tables, and or any solid surface, and create a long-lasting sticker with dimension and versatility, in a way that can withstand the elements of weather and time.
- No Backing - When creating a PVC product that you can use in a variety of spaces, consider leaving the backing off of your design. Common ways in which backing-less designs are used are for workspaces, bar tops, and computer desks, but the possibilities are endless. When using The Monterey Company to Incorporate your brand or logo into daily life, you are only limited by your imagination.
- Keychain Loop - To add another level of daily use to your rubber patch, consider turning your creation into a keychain. By attaching to a metal loop, the recipients of your product will use it every time they use their keys, creating brand awareness that is unparalleled. Keychains are a fun and functional way to promote your club, business, and organization in a way that sets you apart from the rest of your field.
Tactical Morale Patch Maker
Velcro Patches & Adhesive Back
Custom PVC patches are designed and made with a sewing channel. If you are looking to use adhesive instead, we use a 3m adhesive to create a strong bond to most any surfaces. 3m adhesive will make an incredible bond and will be hard to remove. Soft PVC rubber patches for uniforms come with velcro backing. Velcro can be added to any order using a strong hook and loop backing.
Need More Information?
How long does it take to make a patch?
Once you come up with the perfect design for your club or business, you’ll begin working with one of our artists in bringing your design to life. Our staff will collaborate with you in designing a complimentary proof of your ideas, choosing the best materials, colors, dimensions, and backings to achieve exactly what you are looking for. After you approve of the complementary proof we provide, you can request samples of your finished product to ensure your ideas are properly translated to your tangible logo. Samples are recommended for large or non-traditional orders, making sure you get the perfect product for you. Digital samples of your proof are also available if you don’t have time to wait for the physical samples. Whatever you option choose, by requesting a sample, you can be sure there will be no surprises when it comes to your PVC creation.
Fast Production & Rush Orders
When your proof is approved, your design moves into production, where we begin creating your product with the highest quality materials and top of the line equipment. Our staff works diligently to be efficient without sacrificing any of the integrity of the finished product. The time it takes to finish each design varies based on the types of materials you use, the size, shape, and thickness of your creation, and the quantity you order. Standard production times fluctuate between 2-3 weeks, but rush orders are often available with a small fee. And because you will be working with our staff along each step of the process, you will be aware of the time it will take to bring your design from start to finish.
Free Design Proof & Unlimited Revisions
We are the trusted PVC patch maker for hundreds of police and fire departments.
PVC patches are extremely popular with police and fire, military and morale units, airsoft and paintball teams and independent manufacturers. We make soft rubber patches for the FBI, homeland security, sheriff departments, and border patrol. If you need artwork made, we will create a proof within a day or two.
What’s the difference between a Patch and a Label?
Patches and labels made from PVC are very similar except in how they are used. The difference is, labels are smaller and thinner and are usually made with a sewing channel, so they can be sewn onto a product. Labels are popular with tactical gear companies as they make great identification labels on any product. Rubber labels can be made with optional velcro backing or adhesive backing. Patches usually come with Velcro and are made for apparel and uniforms. Either product can be made in any shape, size or color and can be created in days.
What is an alternative to PVC
One of the most asked questions is, “what is PVC ?” Although the old style embroidery has been popular since the 19th century and made popular by non-profits like the Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts. PVC patches are made of strong plastic ( Polyvinyl chloride ) they can be made in a multitude of colors including most PMS colors ( Pantone Matching System ) that can bring custom images and designs to life. They have special durability that will long outlast their cloth cousins. Unlike the cloth counterparts, they are highly waterproof and will never fade, fray, peel or crack. This makes them perfect for use in the military, outdoors and sports, among many other uses.
Designed For Your Company In Days!
Custom PVC patches are made in days using your ideas and our artists. We will create your proof and send you a proof. We specialize in being a high-quality military patch maker as well as we make designs for law enforcement and companies looking to promote their brand. Here are some of the steps we use when creating a custom patch.
- The Base Layer: The foundation for the rest of the pin, the base layer accounts for the main color as well and is optional to be the same color as the border.
- The logo: Here is where the layering comes in! Layers of vinyl are placed on top of the base layer to create the image, lettering that is specific to your needs.
- The Sewing Channel: A sewing channel is created around your shape in order to attach velcro.
- The Backing: This usually means Velcro, 3m adhesive.
2D vs 3D Video
What kind of companies order rubber patches?
Businesses, clubs, and organizations have been using our custom rubber patches for nearly 25 years. These products are a fun, durable, and versatile way to promote your brand, to market for an event, to commemorate a fundraiser, or to celebrate an event.
Additionally, The Monterey Company has been the authority on Tactical Morale Patches for organizations including police and fire academies, EMS workers, branches of the military, and airsoft teams. They promote solidarity and show appreciation for outstanding levels of service and performance. And because of the nature of PVC rubber, these rubber patches can withstand the elements associated with tactical work. We can’t wait to work with you to bring your ideas to life.
Request A Digital Proof And Samples!
Our minimum order for any of our products is 100 pieces but if you need a smaller quantity, just ask.
Order Custom PVC Patches
Learn more about the types of rubber keychains we can make with your logo. Made of the same quality as our custom PVC patches and made of the softest rubber and our colors are bright and won’t fade. Feel free to request samples of our products. If you are ready for the next step, let us create an actual sample with your logo. In a hurry? We offer digital samples if you need to see your design in a rush.